Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Den Poezenboot

I love cats.  I love them so much that I pictures of Padawan, "my" cat, on both my computers.  (I say 'my" because he belonged to my niece.  Then she got married to someone with cat allergies. So, now, Padawan lives with my brother and sister-in-law, but he knows me, and I am his human!)

On the Singel Canal is the Poezenboot, or cat boat. This floating refuge is home to about 30 cats until they can be ready for new homes.  Some cats are brought in by people no longer able to care for them.  Some are found on the street.



Some were very friendly with me, and other hissed at any human.  I had a fun time with those that wanted to be petted.  Enjoy the pictures.


Cat boat mascot, she has her own daybed outside the boat, near a bench.  Sit on the bench, and she will come and welcome you!


Very friendy


Scared of people.  It will take a long time to get her adoption ready, but he has come along way. 


People take pictures of us every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment