Sunday, October 27, 2013

I love Rocks!

    I will visit any rock shop, and I wasn't disappointed in Moab.  Now, rocks don't rock the world of many people, but for those of us that love the things, these are treasure.  This shop carries dinosaur bone and Anasazi pottery.  If this is found on federal lands, it cannot be sold, but if found on private land, while doing one's planting - that can be sold.  I was given a free dinosaur bone, an nice specimen as I am a teacher, and can prove it.  I also got a piece of pottery.


 
 


Petrified wood

 
 
 


My newest acquisition -Bixbyite, a rare mineral.  Not to be confused with Bixbite, an extremely rare form of red beryl.  Knows as red emerald, Bixbite can only be found in the Wah Wah mountains of Utah.  I have only seen pictures of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment