Friday, June 10, 2011

party plane

i am typing this post on a peruvian keyboard, and i haven´t figured out how to do capitols.  capitals?

my journey to peru would start in salt lake city, then on to atlanta, and then on to lima.  i had a three hour layover in atlanta.  after getting from my arrival terminal to my departure terminal, i had lunch with two utahns that i met in salt lake who were also traveling to lima, and on to cusco.

the flight to lima was entertaining to say the least.  we were delayed about 30 minutes on the tarmac due to wind.  the pilot would later inform us that we were one of the last flights out before the airport was closed to to bad weather.



the lady in front of me was 76 yrs old, and on the same tour as the teachers.  she was a retired stewardess for delta.  notice i said stewardess.  she rolled her eyes at the term flight attendent.  the lead flight attendent also stated she was a stewardess and then amused us with stories of when she was first starting out.  she had to wear a wig and tuck her long hair under it.  she also had to wear a girdle, and was pinched by her female supervisor to make sure she was wearing it.



anyway, we watched glee together.  the retired teachers told me they wished they could get away with some of the stuff sue sylvester says to the students.

we arrived in lima about midnight.  after passport control, luggage-which took a long time, and customs, i was able to walk across the street to my hotel, take a shower and get some much needed sleep.

today, i am on to cusco!

2 comments:

  1. I was tempted to correct this post once I got home. But, as I said, I was using a different kind of keyboard, and I think it amusing that I could not figure things out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then when I was reading this post to my mother, I noticed a paragraph missing. I tried to insert it, but that wouldn't be happening! I was sitting next to two retired teachers from Arizona, and we had a game going on betting to see if the luggage of other passengers would fit in the overhead bins. Really, the stuff people insist on bringing! We guessed correctly that three suitcased would have to be checked, as they would not fit.

    ReplyDelete